The Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication – related Information Act (RICA) requires that all customers that had a SIM card activated prior to 31 July 2009, register their SIM cards by 30 June 2011.
The aim of this legislation is to help law enforcement agencies to identify cellphone users and track criminals using cellphones for illegal activities.
Three ways to RICA with CSPC:
- Dial *130*786# from your cellphone
- Print and complete a RICA application “Click here“
- Rica Online “Click Here“
A step-by-step guide to RICA
Step 1: Have the following documents:
- Bar-coded identity booklet / Valid Passport / Asylum Document
- SIM card
- Proof of physical address (i.e. Bank statement, water and lights account and / or account in your name)
- As proof of physical address, customers who live in an informal residence must bring a letter from their nearest school, church or retail store where they live or receive post.
- An affidavit with a police station stamp may be accepted.
Step 2: Go to your nearest CSPC dealer to register.
- Your CSPC dealer has the technology to save you time and RICA you accurately and efficiently.
Step 3: Insert your SIM card into your cellphone.